Spicy Chicken & Vegetables
Time & Servings
25 minutes ready time =
10 minutes preparation +
15 minutes cooking
1 Tbsp. (15 mL) reduced sodium soy sauce0So Good Soy Milk Original 1.89L$5.25 • Ea
2 tsp. (10 mL) grated fresh ginger (optional)0Ginger Root 1EA$0.85 • Ea
1/4 tsp. (1 mL) crushed red pepper flakes0Fontaine Santé Hummus Roasted Red Pepper 260G$4.51 • Ea
1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Oil0Becel Margarine With Olive Oil 454G$4.17 • Ea
1 lb. (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts0Janes Chicken Breast Fillets 1KG$16.94 • Ea
1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Thai Sweet Chili Noodles Side Dish
6 ounces snow peas, halved, (about 500 mL)0Peas Snow 1EA$6.77 • Bun
1 can (227 mL) sliced water chestnuts, drained0Evian Natural Spring Water 1.5L$3.38 • Ea
- Pound chicken to 6mm thick. Cut into 2.5cm pieces.
- Combine soy sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes and Becel® Oil in medium bowl, then toss with chicken.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until chicken is almost done, about 4 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Meanwhile, prepare Knorr® Sidekicks® Thai Sweet Chili Noodles Side Dish according to package directions in large saucepan, stirring in snow peas, chicken and water chestnuts during the last 3 minutes of cook time. Continue cooking until pasta is tender and chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 3 minutes.
- Tip: To add a little zest, serve with lime wedges.
- Each serving of this dish is low in fat and a good source of iron and vitamin C. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.