Time & Servings
1 hour ready time =
10 minutes preparation +
50 minutes cooking
1 lb. (450 g) Meatloaf mix (ground veal, beef, pork)0Your Fresh Market Lean Ground Beef 850G$11.30 • Ea
2 potatoes, grated0Potatoes Foil-Wrapped Your Fresh Market (3PK)$3.36 • Ea
2 carrots, grated0Carrots 1 Bunch$2.79 • Ea
1 pouch Knorr® Recipe Onion Soup Mix0Knorr Recipe Soup Mix Onion 56G$2.11 • Ea
1 tsp. ground allspice0Club House Ground Allspice 35G$5.62 • Ea
1/4 cup water0Evian 1.5L$2.79 • Ea
Pastry for 23 cm. double crust pie0Pillsbury Pie Crusts 9IN (2PK) 400G$3.36 • Ea
- Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C). Cook meat and vegetables in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break meat into small pieces, until meat is cooked, about 5 minutes. Add Knorr® Lipton Recipe® Onion Soup Mix, allspice and water. Stir well to dissolve. Cook until liquid is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Cool mixture at least 1 hour.
- Line 9-inch (1 L), deep dish pie plate with 1 crust. Spoon cooled meat and vegetable mixture into crust. Top with second crust; seal edges and cut slits in pastry to allow steam to escape.
- Bake 45 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- TIP: Glaze the crust by brushing lightly with a beaten egg before baking.
- TIP: Make into mini hand held pies for a party. Each serving of this dish is a source of fibre and a good source of iron and vitamin C.