Vietnamese Chicken & Rice
Time & Servings
30 minutes ready time =
20 minutes preparation +
10 minutes cooking
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) rice wine vinegar
2 tsp. (10 mL) sugar0Wrigley's 5 Cobalt Sugar Free Chewing Gum Cooling Peppermint Blue (10PK) 150 Sticks$15.48 • Ea
1 tsp. (5 mL) sambal chili sauce, divided0Thai Kitchen Sweet Red Chili Sauce 1L$8.53 • Ea
1 cup (250 mL) peeled, seedless cucumber, thinly sliced0Mini Cucumbers ~ 907G$5.48 • Ea
4 radishes, thinly sliced
1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Harvest Chicken Rice & Vermicelli Side Dish
2 Tbsp. PLUS 4 sprigs fresh cilantro, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. lime juice0Limes ~ 3LB$5.48 • Ea
1 tsp. water
1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded0Kirkland Chicken Breast, Ham & Roast Beef Sliced (3PK) 900G$18.29 • Ea
- Combine vinegar, sugar and ½ teaspoon (2 mL) chili sauce in medium bowl. Add cucumber and radish slices; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine lime juice, water, remaining ½ teaspoon (2 mL) and remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) cilantro in medium bowl. Add chicken; toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, prepare Knorr® Sidekicks™ Harvest Chicken Side Dish according to package directions. Stir in 1 tablespoon (15 mL) chopped cilantro; set aside and keep warm.
- To serve, arrange rice on serving platter and top with chicken, pickled radishes, cucumbers and cilantro sprigs. Serve, if desired, with additional lime wedges.
- For extra Asian flavour, stir in ¼ teaspoon (1 mL) ground ginger into rice while it is cooking.
- Each serving of this dish is low in fat and a source of iron and vitamin C. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.