Weeknight Spaghetti & Meatballs
Time & Servings
40 minutes ready time =
20 minutes preparation +
20 minutes cooking
1 1/2 lbs. (675 g) extra lean ground beef0Dempster's Deluxe Hamburger Buns (12PK) 1EA$6.47 • Ea
1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese0Kraft Parmesan Cheese Grated 680G$16.19 • Ea
1/4 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs0Aurora Bread Crumbs Italian Style 2.27KG$8.25 • Ea
1 egg0Burnbrae Eggs Large White (30PK) 1EA$6.79 • Ea
1 tsp. finely chopped garlic0Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese (2PK) 300G$8.09 • Ea
1 jar (640 mL.) pasta sauce0Victoria White Linen Collection All Natural Marinara Pasta Sauce (2PK) 2.36L$12.41 • Ea
12 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained0Griss Pasta Giardino Spaghetti 4KG$8.63 • Ea
- Combine ground beef, Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef , Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, egg and garlic in medium bowl; shape into 12 meatballs.
- Bring pasta sauce to a boil over medium-high heat in large saucepan. Gently stir in uncooked meatballs.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until meatballs start to become firm, about 5 minutes. Turn meatballs gently, then simmer until done, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Serve over hot spaghetti and sprinkle, if desired, with additional Parmesan cheese.
- Tip: Serve with veggie-filled green salad.
- Each serving of this dish is low in fat, a source of fibre, and an excellent source of iron.