White Cheddar Mac & Cheese
Time & Servings
30 minutes ready time =
10 minutes preparation +
20 minutes cooking
8 ounces whole-wheat elbow macaroni0Compliments Elbow Macaroni Salad 454G$6.70 • Ea
1 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese0Johnsonville Sausage Cheddar Smoked 375G$8.30 • Ea
1 cup finely shredded Swiss cheese0Anco Fine Cheese Swiss Cheese 130G$16.46 • Ea
1/2 cup whole wheat panko0Panko Bread Crumbs 227G$4.26 • Ea
3 Tbsp. Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*0Becel Margarine Salt Free 907G$7.92 • Ea
2 cups 2% milk0Natrel Fine Filtered 3.25% Milk 1L$6.16 • Ea
1 package Knorr® Alfredo Pasta Sauce Mix
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Grease 8-in (2 L) baking dish; set aside.
- Toss cheeses together in medium bowl. Combine crumbs with 1/4 cup (60 mL) cheese mixture in another medium bowl; set aside.
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in medium saucepan. Add 2 Tbsp (30 mL) to crumb mixture and toss. Add milk to saucepan with remaining spread and whisk in Knorr® Alfredo Pasta Sauce Mix; bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook, whisking, until slightly thickened.
- Return cooked pasta to pasta pot. Stir remaining cheese and if desired, a pinch of nutmeg into Sauce; pour over pasta and toss to mix. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- Bake 10 minutes or until crumbs are golden.
- TIP: Add a handful of cooked broccoli florets to pasta mixture just before baking for added nutrition, color and texture. * Becel Gold in Quebec
- Each serving of this dish is a good source of iron and an excellent source of calcium and fibre.