White Cheddar Mac & Cheese
Time & Servings
30 minutes ready time =
10 minutes preparation +
20 minutes cooking
8 ounces (227 g) whole-wheat elbow macaroni or regular elbow macaroni
1 cup (250 mL) finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese0Great Value Old Cheddar Cheese 450G$6.66 • Ea
1 cup (250 mL) finely shredded Swiss cheese0Great Value Swiss Cheese 11 Slices$4.49 • Ea
1/2 cup (125 mL) whole wheat panko or regular panko0Dynasty Panko Japanese Style Bread Crumbs 99G$2.58 • Ea
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*0Becel Margarine With Olive Oil 907G$4.49 • Ea
2 cups (500 mL) 2% milk0Natrel Milk 1% 2L$4.49 • Ea
1 package Knorr® Alfredo Pasta Sauce Mix
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Grease 8-in (2 L) baking dish; set aside.
- Toss cheeses together in medium bowl. Combine crumbs with 1/4 cup (60 mL) cheese mixture in another medium bowl; set aside.
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in medium saucepan. Add 2 Tbsp (30 mL) to crumb mixture and toss. Add milk to saucepan with remaining spread and whisk in Knorr® Alfredo Pasta Sauce Mix; bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook, whisking, until slightly thickened.
- Return cooked pasta to pasta pot. Stir remaining cheese and if desired, a pinch of nutmeg into Sauce; pour over pasta and toss to mix. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- Bake 10 minutes or until crumbs are golden.
- TIP: Add a handful of cooked broccoli florets to pasta mixture just before baking for added nutrition, color and texture. * Becel Gold in Quebec
- Each serving of this dish is a good source of iron and an excellent source of calcium and fibre.