Asparagus Risotto with Chervil
Temps & Portions
55 minutes temps de préparation =
10 minutes préparation +
45 minutes cuisson
1 lb. fresh asparagus0Asparagus 1EA$9.35 • Paq
1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken0Knorr Stock Homestyle Chicken (4PK) 132G$4.87 • Chq
4 cups hot water0evian® natural spring water bottle 1.5L$3.32 • Chq
2 Tbsp. olive oil0Becel Margarine Olive Oil 454G$4.88 • Chq
1/2 onion, sliced0Onions Large Spanish 1EA$2.43 • Chq
1 2/3 cups uncooked arborio rice0Beatrice Milk 4L 2%$6.16 • Chq
1/4 cup dry white wine0Unico Vinegar White Wine 500ML$3.65 • Chq
1 1/2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese0Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese, 250g$9.14 • Chq
1/4 cup Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*0Becel Margarine Salt Free 907G$7.92 • Chq
6 sprigs fresh chervil (optional)
- Remove tips from asparagus, peel and cut stems into 6 mm thick slices; set both aside. Stir Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken into hot water; set aside and keep warm.
- Heat oil in heavy-duty saucepan and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly colored, about 5 minutes. Stir in rice and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Stir in wine and cook 1 minute.
- Pour in just enough Stock to cover rice, stirring frequently. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring frequently and gradually stirring in Stock, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 25 minutes. If needed, stir in additional hot water, 125 mL at a time, until rice is tender.
- Stir in asparagus during last 5 minutes of cooking. Stir in cheese, Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* and chervil. Garnish, if desired, with additional chervil.
- Becel® Gold in Quebec.
- Each serving of this dish provides 1 serving of vegetables, and is a good source of fibre and calcium.