Autumn Corn Chowder
Temps & Portions
35 minutes temps de préparation =
10 minutes préparation +
25 minutes cuisson
2 slices reduced sodium bacon, chopped0Butterball Bacon Style Turkey 375G$6.47 • Chq
1/2 cup finely chopped leek, white parts only0Leeks Regular 1EA$1.66 • Chq
10 ounces peeled butternut squash, finely chopped0Squash Butternut 1EA$10.97 • Chq
2 stalks celery, finely chopped0Celery 1EA$5.39 • Chq
2 cups fresh corn or thawed, frozen corn0Pogo Corn Dogs (4PK) 300G$4.29 • Chq
8 cups water0Evian Spring Water Natural 1.5L$2.53 • Chq
1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken
1 sachet Knorr® Sidekicks® Harvest Chicken Rice & Vermicelli Side Dish
- Cook bacon in large saucepot until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon from saucepot. Set aside and reserve drippings.
- Cook leek, squash, celery and corn in reserved drippings over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add water and bring to boil then reduce heat to medium low and cook 10 minutes. Remove 2 cups of broth and vegetables and set aside.
- Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken and Knorr® Sidekicks® Harvest Chicken Rice & Vermicelli Side Dish. Cover and cook 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, process reserved 2 cups broth and vegetables in blender until smooth; stir into saucepot and cook until heated through.
- TIP: Nothing beats fresh vegetables - but frozen or canned vegetables save time and can be just as nutritious. Look for no added sugar, fat or salt varieties.
- Each serving of this chowder is low in fat and provides 1½ servings of vegetables. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.