Barbeque Pork on a Bun
Temps & Portions
25 min temps de préparation =
25 min cuisson
1 1.2 kg Marcangelo Porchetta Pork Roast 5451
1 tbsp olive oil 5452
3 medium onions, chopped 54530Onions Red 1EA$2.23 • Chq
4 cloves garlic, minced 54540Garlic Organic 90G$0.87 • Chq
1/2 tsp paprika 54550Great Value Paprika Spice 130G$2.59 • Chq
1/3 cup packed brown sugar 54560Redpath Dark Brown Sugar$2.68 • kg
2/3 cup apricot jam 54570Great Value Pure Apricot Jam 500ML$3.02 • Chq
2/3 cup ketchup 54580Heinz Ketchup 15L$5.05 • Chq
1/2 tsp hot sauce 54590Great Value Sizzlin‘ Hot Sauce 147ML$2.26 • Chq
1 tsp apple cider vinegar 54600Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar 1L$2.68 • Chq
6-8 crusty rolls, split 54610The Bakery Butter Dinner Rolls (12PK) 425G$3.39 • Chq
- Bake porchetta as directed on package. Let rest 30 minutes before slicing.
- Prepare sauce while pork is baking.
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally for about 8 minutes or until tender.
- Add garlic and paprika. Cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar, jam, ketchup and hot sauce. Bring just to a boil. Stir in vinegar. Remove from heat.
- Slice pork into thin bite-sized slices. Mix with sauce.
- Toast rolls if desired. Spoon a generous portion of pork mixture on bottom of rolls. Serve with coleslaw.
• Add coleslaw on top or on the side for a tasty blend of flavours and textures.
• Pork mixture can be prepared ahead and reheated when ready to serve.
• The pork mixture is also delicious served with pasta or rice as a main dish. Add a green vegetable to complete the meal.
• Try this sauce on cooked Marcangelo Chicken Breasts or Pork Loin Centre Steaks.
• For a gluten-free sandwich use gluten-free rolls or serve the pork on rice or gluten-free pasta such as corn or rice.