Chick Pea Salad with Lemon, Parmigiano and Marcangelo Smoked Chicken Sausage
Temps & Portions
25 min temps de préparation =
25 min cuisson
1 pkg (375 g) Marcangelo Mango and Jalapeno Gourmet Smoked Chicken Sausages 57360Marcangelo Sausages Pork Italian Mild Gluten Free (5PK) 500G$11.30 • Chq
1 can (19 oz/540 mL) chickpeas 57370Great Value Chick Peas No Salt 540ML$1.03 • Chq
1 cup cooked snow peas 57380Mann‘s Family Favourites Snow Peas 170G$4.49 • Chq
1/3 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper 57390Pepper Freeze Dried Yellow$4.90 • kg
2 tbsp each chopped fresh basil and parsley 57400Fresh Basil$3.36 • Paq
2 tsp finely grated lemon zest 57410Lemon 1EA$0.87 • Chq
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice 5742
2 tbsp olive oil 5743
1 clove garlic, minced 57440Garlic Organic 90G$2.79 • Chq
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 57450Great Value Grated Parmesan Cheese 250G$5.62 • Chq
1 Salt and pepper 5746
- Grill Marcangelo sausages, over medium heat, turning occasionally, until heated, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse chickpeas. Combine in serving bowl with snow peas, pepper, basil, and parsley. Slice sausages and add to mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together lemon zest and juice, olive oil and garlic. Pour vinaigrette over chick pea/sausage mixture, tossing gently until well coated. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.
• Cook the snow peas in about 2 inches of boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water to prevent them from cooking any longer. Sugar snap peas will also work well here as will broccoli florets.
• In general, 1 regular sized lemon will yield about 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.