Due to poor weather conditions your delivery may be running slightly behind. Thank you for your patience with us.
Chick Pea Salad with Lemon, Parmigiano and Marcangelo Smoked Chicken Sausage
Temps & Portions
25 min temps de préparation =
25 min cuisson
1 pkg (375 g) Marcangelo Mango and Jalapeno Gourmet Smoked Chicken Sausages 57360Marcangelo Sausages Pork Italian Mild Gluten Free (5PK) 500G$7.55 • Chq
1 can (19 oz/540 mL) chickpeas 57370Great Value Chick Peas No Salt 540ML$0.95 • Chq
1 cup cooked snow peas 57380Mann‘s Family Favourites Snow Peas 170G$4.29 • Chq
1/3 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper 57390Pepper Freeze Dried Yellow$4.69 • kg
2 tbsp each chopped fresh basil and parsley 57400Fresh Basil$3.21 • Paq
2 tsp finely grated lemon zest 57410Lemon 1EA$0.94 • Chq
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice 5742
2 tbsp olive oil 5743
1 clove garlic, minced 57440Garlic Organic 90G$0.83 • Chq
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 57450Great Value Grated Parmesan Cheese 250G$5.37 • Chq
1 Salt and pepper 5746
- Grill Marcangelo sausages, over medium heat, turning occasionally, until heated, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse chickpeas. Combine in serving bowl with snow peas, pepper, basil, and parsley. Slice sausages and add to mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together lemon zest and juice, olive oil and garlic. Pour vinaigrette over chick pea/sausage mixture, tossing gently until well coated. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.
• Cook the snow peas in about 2 inches of boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water to prevent them from cooking any longer. Sugar snap peas will also work well here as will broccoli florets.
• In general, 1 regular sized lemon will yield about 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.