Temps & Portions
25 minutes temps de préparation =
10 minutes préparation +
15 minutes cuisson
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, divided0Becel Margarine Salt Free 907G$6.47 • Chq
1 1/2 lbs. (675 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces0Janes Carved Chicken Breasts Oven Roasted Cooked 550G$14.57 • Chq
1 large (0 ) yellow onion, thinly sliced0Onions Yellow Small Bulk ~1LB$2.15 • lb
1 Tbsp. (15 mL) curry powder0Club House Curry 100G$8.63 • Chq
2 cloves garlic, chopped0Summer Fresh Hummus Roasted Garlic 227G$4.31 • Chq
1 cup tomato sauce0Heinz Beans & Tomato Sauce Original 398ML$1.62 • Chq
1/2 cup water0Evian Spring Water 1.5L$2.69 • Chq
1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken
2 cups cauliflower florets, blanched0Cauliflower 1EA$4.31 • Chq
- Melt 15 mL Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until chicken is almost done, about 4 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Melt remaining 15 mL margarine in same skillet over medium heat and cook onion, stirring frequently, until onion is tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in curry powder and cook, stirring frequently, until curry is toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Stir in tomato sauce, water, Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken, cauliflower and chicken until stock is melted. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 3 minutes. Garnish, if desired, with nonfat plain yogurt.
- Tip: If you’re out of Knorr® Homestyle Stock use 1 sachet Knorr® OXO® Chicken Bouillon. Serve with rice, if desired.
For delicious basmati rice, cook 3/4 cup (175 mL) basmati rice, 3 cups (750 mL) water and 1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec.
- Each serving of this dish provides 1½ servings of vegetables and is a good source of vitamin C.