Chicken & Pasta Florentine Casserole
Temps & Portions
45 minutes temps de préparation =
20 minutes préparation +
25 minutes cuisson
1 Tbsp. (15 mL) olive oil0Kirkland Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2L$23.72 • Chq
1 lb. (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces0Kirkland Chicken Breast, Ham & Roast Beef Sliced (3PK) 900G$16.94 • Chq
6 chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil0Kirkland Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2L$23.72 • Chq
1 2/3 cups hot water0Evian Water 12PK 1L$20.35 • Chq
1 Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken
1 package (250 g.) light cream cheese, cut into cubes0Kraft Parmesan Cheese Grated 680G$16.94 • Chq
6 cups fresh baby spinach leaves0Fresh Spinach 454G$4.40 • Chq
1/2 lb. freshly cooked penne pasta0De Cecco Penne Rigate 2.27KG$12.42 • Chq
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs or plain bread crumbs0Aurora Bread Crumbs Italian Style 2.27KG$7.67 • Chq
- Preheat oven to 425° F (220° C).
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until chicken is golden, about 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in water and Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken until stock is melted. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Whisk in cream cheese until smooth and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 2 minutes. Stir in spinach and cook just until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Combine chicken mixture with hot penne in large bowl. Turn into 2-qt (2 L) baking dish, then evenly top with bread crumbs. Bake 10 minutes or until crumbs are golden.
- Tip: For delicious nutty flavour and added fibre, try using whole wheat penne.
- Each serving of this casserole provides 1½ servings of vegetables and is a good source of calcium.