Chicken & Pasta Florentine Casserole
Temps & Portions
45 minutes temps de préparation =
20 minutes préparation +
25 minutes cuisson
1 Tbsp. (15 mL) olive oil0Becel Margarine Olive Oil 454G$4.88 • Chq
1 lb. (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces0Maple Lodge Chicken Breast Roasted Smoked 200G$8.53 • Chq
6 chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil0Becel Margarine Olive Oil 454G$4.88 • Chq
1 2/3 cups hot water0Coca-Cola Evian Spring Water 1.5L$3.32 • Chq
1 Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken0Knorr Stock Homestyle Chicken (4PK) 132G$4.87 • Chq
1 package (250 g.) light cream cheese, cut into cubes0Anco Fine Cheese Swiss Cheese 130G$6.09 • Chq
6 cups fresh baby spinach leaves0Spinach 1EA$4.87 • Chq
1/2 lb. freshly cooked penne pasta0ItalPasta Penne Lisce 900G$2.43 • Chq
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs or plain bread crumbs0Leira Bread Crumbs 360G$3.65 • Chq
- Preheat oven to 425° F (220° C).
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until chicken is golden, about 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in water and Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken until stock is melted. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Whisk in cream cheese until smooth and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 2 minutes. Stir in spinach and cook just until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Combine chicken mixture with hot penne in large bowl. Turn into 2-qt (2 L) baking dish, then evenly top with bread crumbs. Bake 10 minutes or until crumbs are golden.
- Tip: For delicious nutty flavour and added fibre, try using whole wheat penne.
- Each serving of this casserole provides 1½ servings of vegetables and is a good source of calcium.