Chicken Rice Florentine Casserole
Temps & Portions
1 hour 15 minutes temps de préparation =
20 minutes préparation +
55 minutes cuisson
1 Tbsp. (15 mL) olive oil0Becel Margarine Olive Oil 454G$4.88 • Chq
1 clove (0 ) garlic, finely chopped0Garlic (3PK)$3.65 • Chq
1 package (300 g.) (0 ) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry0Green Organic Spinach Frozen 300G$5.23 • Chq
4 cups water0evian® natural spring water bottle 1.5L$3.32 • Chq
1 package Knorr® Vegetable Dry Soup Mix
2 cups instant rice0Beatrice Milk 4L 2%$6.16 • Chq
2 cups rotisserie chicken or cut-up cooked chicken0Northern King Cooked White Shrimp 100/200 340G$15.85 • Chq
1 can (540 mL) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained0Unico Beans Kidney White 540ML$5.48 • Chq
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided0Johnsonville Sausage Cheddar Smoked 375G$8.89 • Chq
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C.)
- Heat the olive oil in large saucepan set over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in spinach, water and Knorr® Vegetable Dry Soup Mix and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in rice and let stand covered 5 minutes. Stir in chicken, beans and 1 cup cheese.
- Turn mixture into greased 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23-cm.) baking dish. Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining 1 cup (250 mL.) cheese. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- *To make ahead: Proceed with step 2. Turn mixture into greased 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23-cm.) baking dish. Let cool, then wrap tightly in heavy-duty aluminum foil and freeze. To bake, preheat oven to 375° F (190° C) oven. Remove casserole from freezer and bake, covered, 45 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining 1 cup (250 mL.) cheese. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Each serving of this casserole provides 2½ servings of vegetables and is an excellent source of calcium and fibre.