Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya
Temps & Portions
1 hr 5 min temps de préparation =
1 hr 5 min cuisson
1 500g pkg Marcangelo Hot Italian Sausages 5319
1 220g pkg Marcangelo Sweet BBQ Chicken Breast Portions 5320
1 1/2 cups chopped onions 5321
1 1/2 cups chopped red or green peppers 5322
1 1/2 cups sliced celery 5323
2 cloves garlic, minced 5324
1 19oz / 540mL can diced tomatoes, undrained 5325
1 tsp dried thyme leaves 5326
salt & pepper to taste 5327
2 cups long grain white rice 5328
3 cups chicken broth 5329
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce 5330
1 lb peeled raw shrimp, optional 5331
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley 5332
- Remove casings from sausages. Cut into 1” (2.5 cm) pieces.
- Sauté sausage in large saucepan over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Cut chicken into 1” (2.5 cm) pieces. Sauté chicken about 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Cook onions, peppers, celery and garlic about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomatoes, thyme, salt and pepper, rice, broth and Worcestershire along with sausage and chicken. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender and liquid is almost absorbed.
- Add shrimp and parsley. Cook 5 minutes longer until shrimp are pink.
• A great one-pot dish originally from Louisiana. Just add a green salad and crusty bread to complete the meal.
• For a milder dish use Marcangelo Mild Italian Sausages.
• For a spicier dish add cayenne pepper to taste.
• For a healthier choice try Marcangelo Extra Lean Turkey Sausages or Lean Pork Sausages.