Chili Con Carne
Temps & Portions
25 minutes temps de préparation =
10 minutes préparation +
15 minutes cuisson
1 lb. (450 g) extra lean ground beef or ground turkey0Kirkland Lean Ground Beef Patties ~ 2.5KG$23.98 • Chq
1 medium onion, chopped0Yellow Onions ~ 10LB$6.77 • Chq
1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Mexican Rice Side Dish
1 can (796 mL.) no-salt added diced tomatoes, undrained0Cucina D'oro Diced Italian Tomatoes (8PK) 6.36L$14.80 • Chq
1 1/2 cups water0Evian Water 12PK 1L$19.20 • Chq
1 can (540 mL) no-salt added red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
6 Tbsp. lowfat sour cream0Island Farms Sour Cream ~ 1 L$4.40 • Chq
1/4 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese0Kirkland Double Cheddar Shredded Cheese (2PK) 1.25KG$18.07 • Chq
1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Brown ground beef with onion in 4-quart (4 L) stockpot; drain, if desired.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Garnish with sour cream, cheese and green onion.
- TIP: Spice it up with hot pepper sauce and/or chopped jalapeno peppers!
- Inexpensive and versatile, red kidney beans are nutritional gems. Each serving of this dish is very high in fibre and a good source of iron and vitamin C.