Chili Con Carne
Temps & Portions
25 minutes temps de préparation =
10 minutes préparation +
15 minutes cuisson
1 lb. (450 g) extra lean ground beef or ground turkey0Ground Beef Extra Lean 700G$10.73 • Chq
1 medium onion, chopped0Onions Vidalia 1EA$1.75 • Chq
1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Mexican Rice Side Dish0Knorr Selects Rice & Beans Rustic Mexican 184G$4.20 • Chq
1 can (796 mL.) no-salt added diced tomatoes, undrained0Compliments Tomatoes Diced with Italian Seasoning 796ML$1.93 • Chq
1 1/2 cups water0Evian Spring Water Natural 1.5L$2.53 • Chq
1 can (540 mL) no-salt added red kidney beans, rinsed and drained0Unico Beans Kidney Red No Salt Added 540ML$1.29 • Chq
6 Tbsp. lowfat sour cream0Gay Lea Sour Cream Light 500ML$2.99 • Chq
1/4 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese0Silani Cheddar Cheese Slices 100G$6.99 • Chq
1 green onion, thinly sliced0Green Onions$1.39 • Paq
- Brown ground beef with onion in 4-quart (4 L) stockpot; drain, if desired.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Garnish with sour cream, cheese and green onion.
- TIP: Spice it up with hot pepper sauce and/or chopped jalapeno peppers!
- Inexpensive and versatile, red kidney beans are nutritional gems. Each serving of this dish is very high in fibre and a good source of iron and vitamin C.