Chili Con Carne
Temps & Portions
25 minutes temps de préparation =
10 minutes préparation +
15 minutes cuisson
1 lb. (450 g) extra lean ground beef or ground turkey0Tofurky Meatless Ground Beef Vegan 340G$6.52 • Chq
1 medium onion, chopped0Onions Yellow Small Bulk ~1LB$7.23 • lb
1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Mexican Rice Side Dish0Knorr Selects Rice & Beans Rustic Mexican 184G$4.20 • Chq
1 can (796 mL.) no-salt added diced tomatoes, undrained0Aurora Tomatoes Diced 398ML$1.83 • Chq
1 1/2 cups water0Evian Spring Water 1.5L$2.69 • Chq
1 can (540 mL) no-salt added red kidney beans, rinsed and drained0Grace Caribbean Combos Rice & & Red Kidney Beans Mix 175G$2.22 • Chq
6 Tbsp. lowfat sour cream0Gay Lea Sour Cream Low Fat 500ML$3.23 • Chq
1/4 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese0Kerrygold Cheese Cheddar Irish Reserve 200G$8.63 • Chq
1 green onion, thinly sliced0Onions Green$1.61 • Paq
- Brown ground beef with onion in 4-quart (4 L) stockpot; drain, if desired.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Garnish with sour cream, cheese and green onion.
- TIP: Spice it up with hot pepper sauce and/or chopped jalapeno peppers!
- Inexpensive and versatile, red kidney beans are nutritional gems. Each serving of this dish is very high in fibre and a good source of iron and vitamin C.