Chili Con Carne
Temps & Portions
25 minutes temps de préparation =
10 minutes préparation +
15 minutes cuisson
1 lb. (450 g) extra lean ground beef or ground turkey0Lean Ground Beef Tube 454G$5.00 • Chq
1 medium onion, chopped0Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Crunchy Toppings (1PK)$3.21 • Chq
1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Mexican Rice Side Dish
1 can (796 mL.) no-salt added diced tomatoes, undrained0Great Value Diced Tomatoes No Salt Added 796ML$1.08 • Chq
1 1/2 cups water0Evian 15L$3.05 • Chq
1 can (540 mL) no-salt added red kidney beans, rinsed and drained0Great Value Dark Red Kidney Beans No Salt Added 540ML$0.95 • Chq
6 Tbsp. lowfat sour cream0Gay Lea Sour Cream 14% MF 500ML$3.27 • Chq
1/4 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese0Great Value Old Cheddar Cheese 450G$5.91 • Chq
1 green onion, thinly sliced0Onions Green$1.05 • Paq
- Brown ground beef with onion in 4-quart (4 L) stockpot; drain, if desired.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Garnish with sour cream, cheese and green onion.
- TIP: Spice it up with hot pepper sauce and/or chopped jalapeno peppers!
- Inexpensive and versatile, red kidney beans are nutritional gems. Each serving of this dish is very high in fibre and a good source of iron and vitamin C.