Citrus Herb-Roasted Turkey & Port Gravy
Temps & Portions
3 hours 10 minutes temps de préparation =
10 minutes préparation +
3 hours cuisson
1 orange, halved0Oranges Consumer Pack 3LB$6.47 • Sac
2 pots Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken0Knorr Stock Homestyle Chicken (4PK) 132G$3.23 • Chq
1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs *0Dill 20G$2.69 • Chq
2 Tbsp. olive oil0Apetina Feta Black Olive Oil Herb 100G$3.49 • Chq
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper, divided0Club House Black Peppercorn Grinder 35G$3.99 • Chq
2 sweet onions, quartered0Onions Sweet 3LB$3.70 • Sac
10 -lb. turkey, giblets and neck removed
1/4 cup port wine0Compliments Wine Sauerkraut 1L$3.55 • Chq
1/4 cup water0Evian Spring Water Natural 1.5L$2.94 • Chq
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour0Compliments Flour Whole Wheat 2.5KG$4.31 • Chq
2 Tbsp. heavy cream or whipping cream0Natrel Half & Half 10% Cream 1L$3.66 • Chq
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Squeeze juice from ½ of the orange; set aside.
- Combine 1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken, herbs, olive oil, orange juice and 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) black pepper in small bowl. Rub mixture under and over turkey skin. Arrange remaining 1/2 orange and onions inside cavity of turkey. Arrange turkey in roasting pan on rack.
- Roast turkey 45 minutes.
- Decrease oven to 375°F (190°C) and roast 1 hour. Baste turkey and turn pan in oven. Continue roasting until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reaches 180°F (90°C), about 1 hour. Remove turkey from pan and keep warm. Skim fat from pan drippings, then pour drippings into measuring cup. Add enough water to bring total liquid to 2 cups (500 mL).
- To make gravy, add drippings mixture, wine and remaining 1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken to roasting pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, scraping up brown bits from bottom of pan. Combine 1/4 cup (60 mL) water with flour in small bowl, then stir into pan. Cook, stirring frequently, until gravy is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Strain, if desired. Stir in cream and remaining black pepper. Serve gravy with turkey.
- *Thyme leaves, sage, parsley and/or rosemary
- TIP: If desired, supplement pan drippings with a giblet stock in place of water. To make stock, bring giblets, neck and 4 cups (1 L) water to a boil in saucepan. If desired, add carrot, onion and celery. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 1 hour, then strain and use.