Coconut Curry Shrimp
Temps & Portions
25 minutes temps de préparation =
10 minutes préparation +
15 minutes cuisson
1 lb. (450 g) uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined0Kitchen Seafood Kick'n Shrimp 284G$9.71 • Chq
2 tsp. (10 mL) curry powder, divided0Club House Curry 100G$8.63 • Chq
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) vegetable oil, divided0Unico Vegetable Oil 3L$7.55 • Chq
1 medium onion, thinly sliced0Onions Yellow Small Bulk ~1LB$7.23 • lb
1 large red bell pepper, sliced0Pepper Bell Green 1EA$1.08 • Chq
1 clove garlic, chopped0Summer Fresh Hummus Roasted Garlic 227G$3.68 • Chq
1 can (410 mL.) light coconut milk0Grace Coconut Milk 400ML$1.93 • Chq
1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Chicken Fried Rice Side Dish
- Season shrimp with 1 teaspoon (5 mL) curry powder.
- Heat 1 tablespoon (15 mL) oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook shrimp, turning once, until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes. Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) oil in same skillet and cook onion, red pepper and remaining 1 teaspoon (5 mL) curry, stirring frequently, until vegetables are almost tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in coconut milk and Knorr Sidekicks®. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 7 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Stir in shrimp; heat through. Garnish, if desired, with cilantro.
- Each serving of this dish is an excellent source of vitamin C and iron. Looking to add more veggies? Throw in frozen peas and chopped spinach! *See nutrition information for sodium content.