Creamy Bacon Carbonara Pasta with Chicken & Rapini
Temps & Portions
30 minutes temps de préparation =
15 minutes préparation +
15 minutes cuisson
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces0Janes Carved Chicken Breasts Oven Roasted Cooked 550G$14.57 • Chq
2 Tbsp. Becel® Oil, divided0Becel Margarine With Olive Oil 454G$4.31 • Chq
1 clove garlic, chopped0Summer Fresh Hummus Roasted Garlic 227G$3.68 • Chq
1 package Knorr Sidekicks® Creamy Bacon Carbonara Pasta Side Dish0Knorr Sidekicks Pasta Creamy Bacon Carbonara 134G$2.15 • Chq
8 ounces rapini*, cut into 1-inch/2.5 cm pieces (about 4 cups/1 L) OR 8 oz. (227 g) broccoli florets (about 4 cups/1 L)0Broccoli Crowns 1EA$2.10 • Chq
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes; remove and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Oil in same skillet over medium heat and cook garlic, stirring, until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add 1 cup (250 mL) water and 1 cup (250mL) milk and bring to a boil. Stir in Knorr Sidekicks® Creamy Bacon Carbonara Pasta Side Dish and cook covered according to package directions, adding rapini during the last 5 minutes of cook time.
- Stir in chicken and serve garnished, if desired, with toasted chopped walnuts and grated Parmesan cheese.
- *Rapini, also called broccoli rabe (or raab), is a cruciferous vegetable (related to broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, bok choy and Brussels sprouts). The leaves, buds and stems are all edible. It can have a bitter taste, so, if desired, blanch it before adding to the recipe to remove some of the bitterness.
- Each serving of this dish is a good source of calcium and iron.
See nutrition information for sodium content.