Curried Chicken & Vegetable Couscous
Temps & Portions
25 minutes temps de préparation =
15 minutes préparation +
10 minutes cuisson
2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided0Christie Triscuit Rosemary Olive Oil 225G$3.88 • Chq
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips0Janes Carved Chicken Breasts Oven Roasted Cooked 550G$14.57 • Chq
3 cups water0Evian Spring Water 1.5L$2.69 • Chq
1 package Knorr® Vegetable Dry Soup Mix
1/4 cup raisins0Compliments Raisins Golden 500G$6.47 • Chq
1/2 tsp. curry powder0Club House Curry 100G$8.63 • Chq
1 package (10 oz.) plain couscous0Casbah Couscous Wild Forest Mushroom 198G$3.23 • Chq
2 cups baby spinach leaves0Summer Fresh Dip Spinach 227G$4.31 • Chq
- Heat 1 tablespoon (15 mL) olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Bring water, Knorr® Vegetable Soup Mix, raisins, curry powder and remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) olive oil to a boil in medium saucepan, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 2 minutes. Stir in couscous, then remove from heat and let stand covered 5 minutes. Stir in chicken and spinach.
- Garnish, if desired, with slivered almonds and chopped fresh parsley.
- Sneak more veggies into this dish by adding 1 cup of frozen vegetable mix.
- Each serving of this dish is low in fat, high in fibre, and provides 1 serving of vegetables. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.