Easy Beef Wellington
Temps & Portions
35 minutes temps de préparation =
15 minutes préparation +
20 minutes cuisson
1/2 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
1 lb. beef tenderloin, cut crosswise into 4 steaks0Beef Eye Of Round Steak 2 Pieces ~328G$12.30 • Chq
2 Tbsp. Becel® Oil, divided0Becel Margarine Olive Oil 454G$4.88 • Chq
2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms0Mushroom White Whole 227g$3.04 • Chq
1 large shallot, chopped0Shallots Dry 250G$2.50 • Chq
1 package Knorr® Demi-Glace Classic Roast Gravy Mix
1 1/4 cups water0Coca-Cola Evian Spring Water 1.5L$3.32 • Chq
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Cut puff pastry crosswise into 8 strips. Transfer strips to baking sheet, spacing 1-in. (2.5 cm) apart. Working with 1 strip at a time, hold ends with fingers and twist strip in opposite directions, forming a spiral. Press ends of strips onto baking sheet to prevent unraveling. Bake 15 minutes or until browned and puffed.
- Meanwhile, season beef, if desired, with salt and pepper. Heat 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and cook steaks, turning once, to desired doneness, about 5 to 8 minutes (145°F/63°C for medium rare and 160°F/70°C for medium); remove steaks and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) oil in same skillet over medium heat and cook mushrooms and shallot, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 8 minutes. Whisk together Knorr® Demi-Glace Classic Roast Gravy Mix and water in medium bowl and stir into skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and cook until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Arrange steaks on serving plates. Spoon sauce over steaks and lean puff pastry twists on top. Serve, if desired, with cooked haricots verts.
- TIP: For a unique twist, try stirring 1/4 cup (60 mL) crumbled blue cheese into gravy to make an indulgent blue cheese sauce.
- Each serving is an excellent source of iron and a source of calcium.