English-Style Cod & Potato Pie
Temps & Portions
1 hour 25 minutes temps de préparation =
25 minutes préparation +
1 hour cuisson
2 lbs. (1 kg) all-purpose potatoes, peeled and chopped in small pieces0Potatoes Yellow 10LBS$6.47 • Sac
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*0Becel Margarine Salt Free 907G$6.69 • Chq
2 cups (500 mL) milk, divided0Natrel Fine Filtered Milk 3.25% 1L$5.35 • Chq
1 cup (250 mL) sliced mushrooms0Organic Mushrooms White Bulk ~ 1LB$3.88 • Chq
1 small onion, finely chopped0Onions Yellow Small Bulk ~1LB$7.23 • lb
1 package Knorr® Alfredo Pasta Sauce Mix
1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed0McCormick Gourmet Thyme Leaves 15G$7.33 • Chq
1 bag (250 mL.) frozen green peas0Green Giant Summer Sweet Peas Summer 750G$4.31 • Chq
1 Tbsp. dry sherry
1 1/2 lbs. cod or haddock fillets, cut into 2.5cm pieces0High Liner Cod Fillets Boned 400G$9.22 • Chq
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Cover potatoes and garlic with cold water in large saucepot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes; drain.
- Beat potatoes, 30 mL Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* and 125 mL milk with electric mixer on low speed or with potato masher until smooth.
- Evenly spread mashed potatoes on bottom and up sides of 1.5 L baking dish; set aside.
- Melt remaining 15 mL margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook mushrooms with onion, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in remaining 375 mL milk, Knorr ®Alfredo Pasta Sauce mix and thyme and simmer, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in peas and sherry. Simmer 1 minute.
- Arrange cod on potatoes in prepared baking dish. Season, if desired, with black pepper and a squeeze of lemon. Pour sauce mixture over cod. Bake 40 minutes or until cod flakes with a fork and bubbling.
- To add extra savoury flavour to your mashed potatoes, add 2 whole cloves of garlic to the cooking water and mash them with potatoes.
*Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* is *Becel® Gold in Quebec
- Each serving of this dish is low in fat and a good source of fibre and calcium.