French Dip Sandwiches
Temps & Portions
35 minutes temps de préparation =
10 minutes préparation +
25 minutes cuisson
1 loaf French bread, about 21-in (53 cm), split lengthwise
2 Tbsp. Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, divided0Becel Margarine Original (2PK) 2.44KG$9.48 • Chq
1 clove garlic, cut in half0La Maison Fresh Garlic Caesar Dressing & Dip 1.4L$7.90 • Chq
1 lb. boneless beef top sirloin steak, about 1-in (2.5 cm) thick0Kirkland Beef Strip Loin Grilling Steak ~ 1.4KG$52.95 • Chq
1 1/2 cups water0Evian Water 12PK 1L$19.20 • Chq
1 sachet Knorr® OXO® Beef Bouillon Sachet
3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese0Jarlsberg Original Swiss Cheese Sliced (2PK) 600G$12.98 • Chq
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread bread with 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine. Place on prepared baking sheet and broil until lightly toasted. Rub bread with cut side of garlic clove 1/2. Sprinkle bread with cheese; set aside. Finely chop remaining 1/2 clove garlic.
- Season steak, if desired, with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tsp.(5 mL) margarine in large skillet over medium heat and cook steak, turning once until desired doneness. Remove steak to cutting board; cover with foil.
- Melt remaining 2 tsp.(10 mL) margarine in same skillet over medium heat. Add chopped garlic and cook until fragrant. Add water and Knorr® OXO® Beef Bouillon Sachet and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Thinly slice steak and place in medium bowl. Spoon 2 Tbsp.(30 mL) bouillon mixture over steak, tossing to coat. Cover and let stand.
- Broil cheese topped bread until cheese melts. Top bread with steak; cut sandwich into 4 pieces. Pour bouillon mixture into bowls for dipping.
- TIP: Also delicious using a whole wheat or whole grain baguette. *Becel Or in Quebec.
- Each serving of this sandwich is a source of fibre and an excellent source of calcium and iron.