Grilled Meatloaf Stroganoff
Temps & Portions
40 minutes temps de préparation =
15 minutes préparation +
25 minutes cuisson
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Oil, divided0Becel Margarine With Olive Oil 907G$6.67 • Chq
1 onion, finely chopped0Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Crunchy Toppings (1PK)$3.62 • Chq
1 cup cremini mushrooms or white mushrooms, finely chopped
1 Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cube(s), crumbled0Knorr Bouillon Cubes Beef 63G$4.84 • Chq
1 1/2 lbs. extra lean ground beef0Lean Ground Beef Tube 454G$7.32 • Chq
1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs0Aurora Bread Crumbs Italian Style with Romano Cheese 680G$3.99 • Chq
1 egg, lightly beaten0Mushrooms White 227G$2.77 • Chq
1 package Knorr® Hunter Classic Roast Gravy Mix
1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream0Gay Lea Sour Cream 14% MF 500ML$3.27 • Chq
- Mushroom Mixture: Heat 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onion with mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cube(s) and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat, cool slightly and reserve 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of mixture.
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg and larger portion of mushroom mixture in large bowl. Shape into rectangular loaf, about 2.5 cm on aluminum-foil lined baking sheet. Brush all sides of the loaf with remaining oil. Invert meatloaf onto pre-heated grill; remove foil. Cook over medium-high heat until well marked, about 4 minutes. Gently turn and cook an additional 4 minutes. Turn off burners directly under meatloaf, keeping other burners on low. Close grill cover and cook until meat reaches 160°F (70° C), turning or rotating meat loaf as necessary to brown evenly, about 10 minutes. Allow to stand 5 minutes.
- Prepare Knorr® Hunter Classic Roast Gravy Mix according to package directions, stirring in 2 Tbsp. (30mL) mushroom mixture and sour cream. Serve with meatloaf.
- TIP: Feel free to substitute 1 Tbsp. (15mL) Knorr® Bovril® Liquid Beef Bouillon for the bouillon cube if that’s what you have on hand. The results will be delicious!
- Each serving of this dish is a good source of iron.