Hearty Lentil Stew
Temps & Portions
50 minutes temps de préparation =
10 minutes préparation +
40 minutes cuisson
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) olive oil0Apetina Feta Black Olive Oil Herb 100G$3.49 • Chq
3 medium (0 ) carrots, sliced0Carrots 3LB$3.23 • Paq
3 ribs (0 ) celery, sliced0Celery 1EA$5.39 • Chq
1 cup (250 mL) lentils, rinsed and drained0Compliments Lentils 540ML$1.70 • Chq
3 cups (750 mL) water, divided0Evian Spring Water Natural 1.5L$2.53 • Chq
1 pouch Knorr® Recipe Savoury Herb with Garlic Soup Mix
1 Tbsp. (15 mL) cider vinegar or red wine vinegar, (optional)0Compliments Red Wine Vinegar 500ML$1.99 • Chq
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat and cook carrots and celery, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Add lentils and cook 1 minute. Stir in 2 cups (475 mL) water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes.
- Stir in Knorr® Recipe® Savoury Herb with Garlic Soup Mix blended with remaining 1 cup (240 mL) water. Simmer covered, until lentils are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in vinegar. Serve over hot couscous or rice.
- Serve with whole wheat roti for more fibre.
- Each serving of this stew is low in fat and an excellent source of fibre and iron. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.