Herbed Sirloin Roast & Vegetables
Temps & Portions
1 hour 45 minutes temps de préparation =
15 minutes préparation +
1 hour 30 minutes cuisson
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Oil, divided0Becel Margarine Olive Oil 454G$3.99 • Chq
2 Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cube(s), divided and crumbled0Knorr Bouillon Cubes Beef 63G$2.69 • Chq
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme and/or sage), divided0Club House Tin Ground Thyme 28G$5.99 • Chq
2 cloves garlic, chopped, divided0Garlic (3PK)$2.69 • Chq
4 lbs. sirloin tip roast
3 lbs. halved baby red new potatoes0Potatoes Sweet 1EA$1.35 • Chq
4 medium carrots, sliced 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick0Carrots 3LB$3.23 • Paq
1 large onion, sliced0Onions Vidalia 1EA$1.75 • Chq
1 package Knorr® Brown Gravy Mix0Knorr Classic Gravy Mix Brown 30G$1.97 • Chq
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Mix 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Oil with 1 crumbled Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cube and half the herbs and garlic in small cup. Rub over roast; place in roasting pan.
- Roast 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F (180°C) and roast an additional 1 hour or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, about 20 minutes before roast will be done, combine remaining oil, Bouillon Cube, herbs and garlic in large bowl. Add potatoes, carrots and onion and toss to coat. Arrange on baking sheet. Roast, turning vegetables once, 30 minutes or until tender.
- When roast reaches desired doneness, remove from oven and let rest 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare Knorr® Brown Gravy Mix according to package directions, adding pan drippings. Serve with roast and vegetables.
- TIP: Try this with parsnips instead of carrots or even better, use 2 of each!
- Each serving of this dish provides 1½ servings of vegetables and is an excellent source of iron.