Home-Style Beef Stew
Temps & Portions
1 hour 43 minutes temps de préparation =
18 minutes préparation +
1 hour 25 minutes cuisson
1 lb. (500 g) beef round steak, cut into cubes0Beef Eye Of Round Steak 2 Pieces ~328G$7.78 • Chq
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) all-purpose flour0Compliments Flour Whole Wheat 2.5KG$4.31 • Chq
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) vegetable oil0Crisco Vegetable Oil 1.42L$6.91 • Chq
2 medium (2 ) onions, coarsely chopped0Onions Vidalia 1EA$1.60 • Chq
2 cloves (2 ) garlic, chopped0Garlic (3PK)$3.19 • Chq
1 pot (1 ) Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef0Knorr Stock Homestyle Beef (4PK) 132G$3.21 • Chq
2 cups (500 mL) hot water0Evian Spring Water Natural 1.5L$2.94 • Chq
2 tsp. (10 mL) Worcestershire sauce0Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce 284ML$4.31 • Chq
4 cups (1 L) baby red new potatoes0Potatoes Sweet 1EA$4.24 • Chq
3 medium (3 ) carrots, cut into thick slices0Carrots 3LB$2.69 • Paq
- Toss beef with flour; set aside.
- Heat oil in large saucepot over medium heat and brown beef. Remove beef from saucepot; set aside.
- Stir onions and garlic into same saucepot and cook, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef, hot water, Worcestershire sauce and beef. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 40 minutes or until beef is almost tender. Stir in potatoes and carrots and simmer an additional 40 minutes or until beef tender and vegetables are tender.
- Tip: This recipe also tastes great made with Beef Bovril. Simply substitute 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Bovril® Liquid Beef Bouillon for the Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef.
- Beef's iron is easier for your body to absorb than that found in plant sources, like tofu. Try this tonight to help give you and your family the energy needed to survive hectic weeknights.