Home-Style Beef Stew
Temps & Portions
1 hour 43 minutes temps de préparation =
18 minutes préparation +
1 hour 25 minutes cuisson
1 lb. (500 g) beef round steak, cut into cubes0Jack Links Beef Steak Nuggets Jerky Original 100G$5.82 • Chq
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) all-purpose flour0Robin Hood Bread Flour White Homestyle 2.5KG$6.69 • Chq
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) vegetable oil0Unico Vegetable Oil 3L$7.55 • Chq
2 medium (2 ) onions, coarsely chopped0Onions Yellow Small Bulk ~1LB$7.23 • lb
2 cloves (2 ) garlic, chopped0Summer Fresh Hummus Roasted Garlic 227G$3.68 • Chq
1 pot (1 ) Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef0Knorr Stock Homestyle Beef (4PK) 132G$4.42 • Chq
2 cups (500 mL) hot water0Evian Spring Water 1.5L$2.69 • Chq
2 tsp. (10 mL) Worcestershire sauce0Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce 18 150ML$5.72 • Chq
4 cups (1 L) baby red new potatoes0Potatoes Yellow 10LBS$6.47 • Sac
3 medium (3 ) carrots, cut into thick slices0Carrots 3LBS$2.69 • Sac
- Toss beef with flour; set aside.
- Heat oil in large saucepot over medium heat and brown beef. Remove beef from saucepot; set aside.
- Stir onions and garlic into same saucepot and cook, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef, hot water, Worcestershire sauce and beef. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 40 minutes or until beef is almost tender. Stir in potatoes and carrots and simmer an additional 40 minutes or until beef tender and vegetables are tender.
- Tip: This recipe also tastes great made with Beef Bovril. Simply substitute 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Bovril® Liquid Beef Bouillon for the Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef.
- Beef's iron is easier for your body to absorb than that found in plant sources, like tofu. Try this tonight to help give you and your family the energy needed to survive hectic weeknights.