Honey Ginger Pork Stir Fry
Temps & Portions
35 minutes temps de préparation =
15 minutes préparation +
20 minutes cuisson
2 sachets Red Rose® Orange Pekoe tea bags*0Red Rose Tea Orange Pekoe 144EA$8.63 • Chq
2 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken Instant Stock Mix0Knorr Instant Stock Mix Chicken 150G$4.85 • Chq
1 cup uncooked rice**0Beatrice Milk 4L 2%$5.51 • Chq
1 lb. pork tenderloin, thinly sliced0Pork Loin Centre Chops 4 Pieces ~500G$6.70 • Chq
2 Tbsp. dark sesame oil, divided0Y&Y Sesame Oil 100% Pure 150ML$4.63 • Chq
3 cups thinly sliced assorted vegetables, (stemmed shiitake mushrooms, carrots and snow peas)0Compliments Mushrooms Whole Mini Bella 227G$2.49 • Chq
1 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger0Ginger Root 1EA$0.57 • Chq
1 Tbsp. honey0Melons Honeydew 1EA$6.45 • Chq
1/4 cup peanuts, chopped0Compliments Peanuts Chopped 100G$1.49 • Chq
- Bring 2 cups (500 mL) water to a boil in medium saucepan. Remove from heat and add Tea Bags. Brew 4 minutes. Remove and squeeze bags. Add 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Knorr® Chicken Instant Stock Mix and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add rice and cook covered over low heat, until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season pork with remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Instant Stock Mix. Heat 1 tablespoon (15 mL) sesame oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook pork, stirring occasionally, until done, about 3 minutes; remove and set aside. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) oil in same skillet and cook vegetables, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in honey and cook just until vegetables are coated, about 30 seconds.
- Spoon rice onto serving platter. Arrange pork on rice and top with vegetables. Sprinkle with peanuts. Garnish, if desired, with sliced green onions.
- Traditionally eaten during the Dragon Boat Festival, Zhongzi are glutinous rice pyramids wrapped in bamboo leaves. Zhongzi fillings vary regionally, but they are commonly stuffed with pork, mushrooms and peanuts.
*Salada Orange Pekoe tea bags in Quebec.
**Swap out the white rice for brown rice for the same delicious taste!
- Each serving of this dish is a good source of vitamin C and iron.