Hong Kong Chicken Curry
Temps & Portions
40 minutes temps de préparation =
15 minutes préparation +
25 minutes cuisson
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Oil, divided0Becel Margarine Olive Oil 454G$3.99 • Chq
1 lb. (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-in. (2.5 cm) pieces0Chicken Breasts Boneless Skinless Air Chilled 2 Pieces ~0.6KG$12.26 • Chq
2 large potatoes, about 1 lb. (450 g), peeled and cut into 1-in. (2.5 cm) chunks0Potatoes Sweet 1EA$1.35 • Chq
2 Tbsp. curry powder0Compliments Curry Powder 130G$2.47 • Chq
1 can (400 mL.) light coconut milk0Grace Coconut Milk Powder 300G$4.65 • Chq
1 1/4 cups water0Evian Spring Water Natural 1.5L$2.53 • Chq
1 package Knorr® Vegetable Dry Soup Mix
1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Chicken Fried Rice Side Dish
3 cups cauliflower florets0Cauliflower 1EA$7.55 • Chq
- Heat 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Becel® Oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned, about 3 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Oil in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook potatoes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned , about 5 minutes. Stir in curry powder and cook until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Stir in coconut milk, water and Knorr® Vegetable Dry Soup Mix and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Knorr® Sidekicks® Chicken Fried Rice Side Dish according to package directions.
- Stir chicken and cauliflower into skillet, return to a simmer, cover and cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked and potatoes and cauliflower are tender, about 5 minutes. Serve with Rice and garnish, if desired with chopped fresh cilantro.
- TIP: For a spicier curry, stir in your favourite Asian hot sauce or a little cayenne pepper.