Irish Steak & Ale Stew
Temps & Portions
2 hours 40 minutes temps de préparation =
20 minutes préparation +
2 hours 20 minutes cuisson
3 slices reduced sodium bacon, chopped0Butterball Bacon Style Turkey 375G$6.47 • Chq
3 lbs. beef stew meat, cut into bite-size pieces0Beef Cube For Stew ~380G$12.12 • Chq
1/4 cup all-purpose flour0Compliments Flour Whole Wheat 2.5KG$4.31 • Chq
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper0Club House Black Peppercorn Grinder 35G$3.23 • Chq
12 ounces dark-style beer0Mug Rootbeer 2L$2.15 • Chq
3 large carrots, sliced0Carrots 3LB$3.23 • Paq
2 Tbsp. Knorr® Bovril® Liquid Beef Bouillon
- Preheat oven to 350°F ( 180° C ). Toss beef with flour and black pepper in large bowl to coat; set aside.
- Cook bacon in large, deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Stir in beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in beer and Knorr® Bovril® Liquid Beef Bouillon, scraping up brown bits from bottom of skillet. Bring to boil over high heat.
- Turn into 3-quart (3 L ) casserole or Dutch oven. Bake covered until beef is tender, about 2 hours.
- TIP: Add ½ cup each of chopped onion, celery and diced tomatoes for a heartier stew.
- Each serving of this stew is an excellent source of iron and provides ½ serving of vegetables. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.