Temps & Portions
40 minutes temps de préparation =
15 minutes préparation +
25 minutes cuisson
1 lb. (450 g) boneless leg of lamb , cut into bite-size pieces0Sungold Premium Lamb Shank ~ 1KG$16.20 • Chq
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) curry powder, divided0Club House Curry 100G$8.63 • Chq
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Oil, divided0Becel Margarine With Olive Oil 454G$4.31 • Chq
1 lb. (450 g) all-purpose potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch (2 cm) pieces0Potatoes Yellow 10LBS$7.55 • Sac
1 onion, chopped0Onions Yellow Small Bulk ~1LB$2.15 • lb
1 tsp. ground cardamom
2 cups no salt added tomato sauce0Heinz Beans & Tomato Sauce Original 398ML$1.62 • Chq
1/2 cup 10% half and half cream0Sealtest Cream Half & Half 10% 1L$4.31 • Chq
1 cup frozen peas0Green Giant Summer Sweet Peas Summer 750G$4.31 • Chq
1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Vegetable
- Season lamb with 1 tablespoon (15 mL) curry powder. Heat 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook lamb, stirring occasionally, until lamb is browned and cooked to desired doneness, about 2 minutes; remove and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons (30 mL) Oil in same skillet and cook potatoes, onion, remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) curry powder and cardamom, stirring frequently, until potatoes are browned, about 8 minutes. Stir in 1 cup (250 mL) water and cook covered, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, half and half cream, peas and Knorr® Homestyle Stock Vegetable and cook covered, until sauce thickens slightly, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in lamb. Serve, if desired, with warm naan and garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh cilantro.
- TIP: Adjust this mild curry dish to your desired level of spiciness by adding your favourite chiles, ground cayenne pepper or hot sauce.
- TIP: For an authentic curry, substitute Indian Buffalo yogurt for the half and half cream.
Each serving of this dish is an excellent source of fibre, vitamin C and iron.