One Pot Chinese Longevity Soup
Temps & Portions
35 minutes temps de préparation =
20 minutes préparation +
15 minutes cuisson
1 lb. (450 g) pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips0Côtes de dos de porc 44th Street ~ 680 g$18.29 • Chq
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Oil, divided
1 1/2 tsp. (7 mL) finely grated ginger0Club House Ginger Ground 375G$7.91 • Chq
1 large clove garlic, chopped0Vinaigrette et trempette César à l'ail frais La Maison 1,4 L$8.28 • Chq
2 cartons (900 mL. ea.) Knorr® Chicken Broth
6 baby bok choy (about 1-1/2 lbs./1.25 kg.), thinly sliced, stems and leaves separated
2 packages (114 g. ea.) shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced
3 carrots, sliced0Carottes ~ 10LB$10.97 • Chq
6 ounces uncooked rice noodles*0Chips de riz Riceworks Sweet Chili ~ 567 g$7.19 • Chq
- Season tenderloin, if desired, with salt and pepper. Heat 1 Tbsp (15 mL) oil in 6-qt (6L) pot over high heat and cook tenderloin, in batches if necessary, stirring occasionally, until almost done, about 3 minutes; remove and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp (15 mL) oil in same pot over medium-low heat and cook ginger and garlic, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add Knorr® Chicken Broth and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add bok choy stems, mushrooms and carrots and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook uncovered 4 minutes. Add noodles, being careful not to break them. Cook until noodles and vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in tenderloin and bok choy leaves and cook 1 minute or until leaves are wilted and tenderloin is done. Serve, if desired, with bean sprouts, cilantro leaves, sliced scallions, soy sauce and hot sauce.
- *When served during Chinese New Year, noodles shouldn't be cut or broken into pieces because long noodles represent a nice long life.
- Each serving of this soup is low in fat and a source of calcium and iron.
*See nutrition information for sodium content.