Pork Chops with Sweet Potato & Black Bean Rice
Temps & Portions
55 minutes temps de préparation =
15 minutes préparation +
40 minutes cuisson
4 boneless centre-cut pork chops, (about 450g.), trimmed of fat0Pork Loin Centre Chops 4 Pieces ~500G$6.70 • Chq
2 Tbsp. olive oil0Apetina Feta Black Olive Oil Herb 100G$3.49 • Chq
1 large onion, thinly sliced0Onions Vidalia 1EA$1.60 • Chq
1 large sweet potato or yam, peeled and cubed0Potatoes Sweet 1EA$4.24 • Chq
3 1/2 cups water0Evian Spring Water Natural 1.5L$2.94 • Chq
1 cup uncooked long grain rice0Beatrice Milk 4L 2%$5.51 • Chq
1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken
1 can (540 mL) black beans, rinsed and drained0Unico Beans Black 540ML$2.47 • Chq
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro0Cilantro Coriander$2.69 • Paq
- Season chops, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Heat 15 mL olive oil in deep large nonstick skillet over high heat and brown chops. Remove chops and set aside.
- Heat remaining 15 mL olive oil in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion with sweet potato, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, about 8 minutes. Stir in water, rice and Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans and cilantro, then top with chops. Cover and cook until chops are done and rice is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Tip: Out of Knorr® Homestyle Stock? Substitute 875mL of Knorr® Chicken Broth® for the Knorr® Homestyle Stock and water in the recipe.
- Each serving of this dish is low in fat and an excellent source of fibre and iron.