Pork Chops with Sweet Potato & Black Bean Rice
Temps & Portions
55 minutes temps de préparation =
15 minutes préparation +
40 minutes cuisson
4 boneless centre-cut pork chops, (about 450g.), trimmed of fat0Du Breton Pork Loin Centre Chops Boneless ~ 370G$10.80 • Chq
2 Tbsp. olive oil0Christie Triscuit Rosemary Olive Oil 225G$2.91 • Chq
1 large onion, thinly sliced0Onions Yellow Small Bulk ~1LB$7.23 • lb
1 large sweet potato or yam, peeled and cubed0Heinz Strained Sweet Potatoes 128ML$0.96 • Chq
3 1/2 cups water0Evian Spring Water 1.5L$2.69 • Chq
1 cup uncooked long grain rice0Heinz Cereal Rice No Milk 227G$5.05 • Chq
1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken
1 can (540 mL) black beans, rinsed and drained0Eden Organic Black Soybeans No Salt 398ML$3.55 • Chq
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro0Cilantro Coriander Bunch 1EA$2.15 • Paq
- Season chops, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Heat 15 mL olive oil in deep large nonstick skillet over high heat and brown chops. Remove chops and set aside.
- Heat remaining 15 mL olive oil in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion with sweet potato, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, about 8 minutes. Stir in water, rice and Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans and cilantro, then top with chops. Cover and cook until chops are done and rice is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Tip: Out of Knorr® Homestyle Stock? Substitute 875mL of Knorr® Chicken Broth® for the Knorr® Homestyle Stock and water in the recipe.
- Each serving of this dish is low in fat and an excellent source of fibre and iron.