Pub Style Chicken Curry
Temps & Portions
30 minutes temps de préparation =
5 minutes préparation +
25 minutes cuisson
3 Tbsp. Becel® Oil
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces0Kirkland Chicken Breast, Ham & Roast Beef Sliced (3PK) 900G$16.94 • Chq
1 medium onion, finely chopped0Yellow Onions ~ 10LB$6.77 • Chq
5 tsp. curry powder0KFI Coconut Curry Sauce ~ 2 x 450 ml$9.03 • Chq
1 1/4 cups water0Evian Water 12PK 1L$20.35 • Chq
1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Mashed Potatoes with Chicken Gravy Side Dish
3/4 cup applesauce0Gala Apples ~ 6LB$10.16 • Chq
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed0Natures Touch Organic Peas ~ 2.5 kg$11.29 • Chq
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned; set aside.
- Add onion to same skillet and cook 8 minutes or until golden. Stir in curry powder and cook 30 seconds. Stir in water, gravy mix from Knorr® Sidekicks® Mashed Potatoes with Chicken Gravy Side Dish and applesauce. Add chicken and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile prepare Mashed Potatoes according to package directions.
- Stir peas into skillet and heat through. Serve with mashed potatoes.
- TIP: Serve with a veggie-filled side salad for a balanced meal. Each serving of this dish is a good source of fibre, and a source of calcium, iron.