Rosemary Leg of Lamb with Red Wine Sauce
Temps & Portions
1 hour 50 minutes temps de préparation =
10 minutes préparation +
1 hour 40 minutes cuisson
1 small bunch fresh rosemary0Compliments Organic Rosemary 20G$3.28 • Chq
8 cloves garlic, halved0Summer Fresh Hummus Roasted Garlic 227G$4.01 • Chq
1 onion, sliced0Onion Vidalia 1EA$2.43 • Chq
6 lbs. bone-in leg of lamb0Sungold Premium Lamb Shank ~ 1KG$18.30 • Chq
1 Tbsp. Knorr® Bovril® Liquid Chicken Bouillon
1 cup red wine0Red Rose Tea Orange Pekoe (144PK) 418G$14.63 • Chq
2 tsp. all-purpose flour0Compliments Graham Crumbs 400G$3.65 • Chq
2 Tbsp. water0evian® natural spring water bottle 1.5L$3.04 • Chq
- Preheat oven to 425° F (220° C). Break off eight 1-in (2.5 cm) pieces from rosemary sprigs; set aside. Set aside 8 garlic halves. Arrange onion, remaining rosemary and garlic in roasting pan, then top with lamb fat side up. Make eight 1-in (2.5 cm) deep cuts in lamb; stuff cuts with reserved garlic and rosemary. Season lamb with black pepper and rub with Knorr® Bovril® Liquid Chicken Bouillon. Roast 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350° F (180° C) and roast an additional 1 hour 10 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 145°F (63°C) for medium rare. Remove lamb to serving platter and keep warm.
- Remove rosemary sprigs from pan and discard. Skim fat from pan drippings. Add wine and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until reduced slightly. Strain and return to pan. Combine flour and water in small cup; stir into pan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve gravy with sliced lamb.
- Tip: Pair each serving of this dish with healthy sides such as 1 cup of crisp green beans and 1 cup of roasted new potatoes.
- Each serving of this dish is a good source of iron. *See Nutrition Information for saturated fat content.