Sandi Richard’s Yummy Chicken Mac’N Cheese
Temps & Portions
30 minutes temps de préparation =
10 minutes préparation +
20 minutes cuisson
2 1/4 cups 1% milk0Natrel Fine Filtered 3.25% Milk 1L$6.31 • Chq
1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Chicken Pasta Side Dish0Knorr Sidekicks Pasta Chicken 126G$2.37 • Chq
2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken0Maple Lodge Chicken Breast Roasted Cooked 200G$2.99 • Chq
2 ribs celery0Celery 1EA$5.39 • Chq
1 cup frozen baby peas0Green Organic Peas Frozen 500G$4.31 • Chq
1/4 cup fine bread crumbs0Leira Bread Crumbs 360G$2.77 • Chq
1/2 cup cheddar cheese , shredded0Silani Cheddar Cheese Slices 100G$6.99 • Chq
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Prepare Knorr® Sidekicks® Chicken Pasta Side Dish according to package directions, but using 550 ml 1% milk instead of the 500 ml water. Cook for only 4 minutes instead of 7 (pasta will finish cooking in the oven). Add fresh pepper, to taste.
- Dice cooked chicken. Layer onto the bottom of an oven-safe casserole dish (approx. 20 cm x 20 cm). Finely cut celery and scatter evenly over chicken. Scatter peas evenly over celery and chicken. Pour the prepared Sidekicks® evenly over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle bread crumbs, then cheese evenly over top.
- Bake for 15 minutes uncovered (or until cheese begins to bubble and brown slightly). Serve with salad for a balanced dinner.
- Use reduced-fat cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese in place of regular varieties.
- Each serving of this pasta is a good source of calcium and a source of fibre and iron. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.