Saucy Thai Chicken over Jasmine Rice
Temps & Portions
25 minutes temps de préparation =
20 minutes préparation +
5 minutes cuisson
1 Tbsp. (15 mL) reduced sodium soy sauce, divided0VH Soya Sauce Light 450ML$2.91 • Chq
4 tsp. (20 mL) lime juice, divided0Limes 1EA$1.07 • Chq
2 tsp. (10 mL) sesame oil0Y&Y Sesame Oil 100% Pure 150ML$4.63 • Chq
1 lb. (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts0Chicken Breasts Boneless Skinless Air Chilled 2 Pieces ~0.6KG$11.01 • Chq
1 package Knorr® Demi-Glace Classic Roast Gravy Mix, combined with 300 mL water
1 Tbsp. brown sugar0Redpath Brown Sugar Dark 1KG$2.70 • Chq
1/2 cup light coconut milk0Grace Coconut Milk Powder 300G$4.65 • Chq
4 cups assorted fresh vegetables, such as carrots, bell pepper and/or onions0Peppers Bell Green Large 1EA$2.08 • Chq
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves0Basil 20G$2.69 • Chq
1 cup hot, cooked jasmine rice0Beatrice Milk 4L 2%$5.51 • Chq
- Combine 10 mL soy sauce, 15 mL lime juice and sesame oil in medium bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, combine Knorr® Demi-glace Classic Roast Gravy Mix combined with water, brown sugar, remaining 5 mL soy sauce, remaining 5 mL lime juice and coconut milk in medium bowl.
- Preheat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken with marinade, stirring occasionally, until chicken is almost thoroughly cooked, about 3 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Stir vegetables into same skillet and cook over medium high heat, stirring frequently, until crisp tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken and gravy mixture. Bring just to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 1 minute. Stir in 45 mL basil leaves.
- Serve over hot rice and garnish with remaining basil.
- Try using a blend of brown jasmine rice and wild rice to add more whole grain.
- Each serving of this dish is low in fat and provides 1½ servings of vegetables. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.