Saucy Thai Chicken over Jasmine Rice
Temps & Portions
25 minutes temps de préparation =
20 minutes préparation +
5 minutes cuisson
1 Tbsp. (15 mL) reduced sodium soy sauce, divided0San J Gluten Free Tamari Sauce Soya 296ML$6.47 • Chq
4 tsp. (20 mL) lime juice, divided0Compliments Apples Cortland 33LB$5.39 • Chq
2 tsp. (10 mL) sesame oil0Intercol Toasted Sesame Oil 250ML$6.99 • Chq
1 lb. (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts0Janes Carved Chicken Breasts Oven Roasted Cooked 550G$14.57 • Chq
1 package Knorr® Demi-Glace Classic Roast Gravy Mix, combined with 300 mL water
1 Tbsp. brown sugar0Kellogg's Mini Wheats Brown Sugar 510G$6.69 • Chq
1/2 cup light coconut milk0Grace Coconut Milk 400ML$1.93 • Chq
4 cups assorted fresh vegetables, such as carrots, bell pepper and/or onions0Pepper Bell Green 1EA$1.08 • Chq
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves0Compliments Organic Basil 28G$2.69 • Chq
1 cup hot, cooked jasmine rice0Heinz Cereal Rice No Milk 227G$5.05 • Chq
- Combine 10 mL soy sauce, 15 mL lime juice and sesame oil in medium bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, combine Knorr® Demi-glace Classic Roast Gravy Mix combined with water, brown sugar, remaining 5 mL soy sauce, remaining 5 mL lime juice and coconut milk in medium bowl.
- Preheat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken with marinade, stirring occasionally, until chicken is almost thoroughly cooked, about 3 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Stir vegetables into same skillet and cook over medium high heat, stirring frequently, until crisp tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken and gravy mixture. Bring just to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 1 minute. Stir in 45 mL basil leaves.
- Serve over hot rice and garnish with remaining basil.
- Try using a blend of brown jasmine rice and wild rice to add more whole grain.
- Each serving of this dish is low in fat and provides 1½ servings of vegetables. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.