Sausage Sloppy Joes
Temps & Portions
41 min temps de préparation =
41 min cuisson
1 (500g) Marcangelo Mild or Hot Italian Sausages 58270Marcangelo Sausages Pork Italian Mild Gluten Free (5PK) 500G$11.30 • Chq
1/2 lb Ground Beef 5828
2 Onions, chopped 5829
1 Large red or green pepper, chopped 5830
1 1/2 cups Sliced mushrooms 5831
1 Medium zucchini, sliced 5832
1 Clove of garlic, minced 5833
3 Medium tomatoes, chopped 5834
1/4 cup Tomato paste 5835
1 1/2 tsp Dried oregano leaves 5836
Salt & pepper to taste 5837
6 Kaiser Buns 5838
- Remove casings from sausages.
- In large frying pan or saucepan cook sausage and beef over medium-high heat breaking up meat with back of a spoon, for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove meat with slotted spoon; set aside. Drain any fat from pan.
- Cook onions and peppers, stirring often, for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, zucchini and garlic. Cook 4 minutes.
- Return meat to pan. Add tomatoes, tomato paste and oregano. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Cut buns in half horizontally. Toast if desired. Spoon sauce generously on bun bottoms. Cover with bun tops.
• A quick meal for busy families. Great fun meal for kids!
• This mixture freezes well. Make a double batch -one to enjoy fresh, the other to have on hand for an easy dinner.
• For a healthier choice try Marcangelo Extra Lean Turkey Sausages or Mild Pork Sausages.
• For gluten free use gluten-free buns.