Simple Tea-Poached Chicken & Vegetable Stir-Fry
Temps & Portions
30 minutes temps de préparation =
15 minutes préparation +
15 minutes cuisson
6 Red Rose® Orange Pekoe tea bags*0Red Rose Orange Pekoe Tea Bags (72PK)$5.82 • Chq
1 Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cube(s), crumbled0Knorr Bouillon Cubes Beef 63G$4.84 • Chq
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts0Marcangelo Foods Marcangelo Souvlaki Chicken Breast Kabobs (8PK) 480G$12.20 • Chq
1 Tbsp. Becel® Oil0Becel Margarine With Olive Oil 907G$6.67 • Chq
1 package (340 g) stir-fry vegetables
2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce0Lee Kum Kee Hoisin Sauce 397G$3.62 • Chq
- Bring 4 cups (1 L) water to a boil in 2-quart (2 L) saucepan over high heat. Remove from heat and add tea bags. Steep until desired strength, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove bags and discard. Add Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cube(s) and return to a simmer. Add chicken and simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 8 minutes. Remove chicken and shred. Return to pot and cook 1 minute; drain.
- Heat Oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook vegetables, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in hoisin sauce and chicken.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
- *Salada Orange Pekoe tea bags in Quebec.
- TIP: This versatile tea-poached chicken can be made into chicken salad or served in lettuce wraps.
Each serving of this dish is a good source of vitamin C and a source of fibre and iron.
See nutrition information for sodium content.