Slow Cooker Beef Short Ribs
Temps & Portions
8 hours 15 minutes temps de préparation =
15 minutes préparation +
8 hours cuisson
4 lbs. beef short ribs, trimmed of fat0Lou's Beef Tips Quick N Easy 375G$7.69 • Chq
1 large onion, sliced0Onions Vidalia 1EA$1.75 • Chq
5 large carrots, cut into 2-in (5 cm) pieces0Carrots 3LB$3.23 • Paq
2 cloves garlic, chopped0Garlic (3PK)$2.69 • Chq
1 tsp. dried thyme leaves0Club House Tin Ground Thyme 28G$5.99 • Chq
1 package Knorr® Brown Classic Roast Gravy Mix
1 cup PLUS 2 Tbsp (30 mL) water, divided0Evian Spring Water Natural 1.5L$2.53 • Chq
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour0Compliments Flour Whole Wheat 2.5KG$4.31 • Chq
- Brown short ribs in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove and place in slow cooker. Add onion, carrots, garlic and thyme.
- Drain fat from skillet. Add 1 cup water and Knorr® Brown Classic Roast Gravy Mix, stirring well and scraping brown bits from bottom of skillet. Pour over ribs.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or until short ribs are tender. Remove short ribs and vegetables to serving platter; cover to keep warm.
- If desired, remove excess fat from slow cooker. Thicken gravy by stirring flour with remaining 2 tablespoons water in small bowl. Add to slow cooker and cook on HIGH until thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve with short ribs and vegetables.
- TIP: If desired, replace 1/3 cup water with dry red wine. A sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley adds a nice touch to the finished dish.
- Each serving of this dish is a good source of iron and is a source of fibre and vitamin C.