Slow Cooker Irish Beef Stew
Temps & Portions
7 hours 10 minutes temps de préparation =
10 minutes préparation +
7 hours cuisson
1 1/2 lbs. (750 g) beef stew meat, cut into cubes0Kirkland Stewing Beef ~ 1.8KG$35.06 • Chq
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) all-purpose flour0Olafsons Flour Tortillas ~ 36 x 62 g$7.90 • Chq
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) vegetable oil0Kirkland Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2L$23.72 • Chq
1 cup (250 mL) pearl onions, peeled
4 medium all-purpose potatoes, cut into quarters0Sweet Potatoes ~ 3LB$6.77 • Chq
4 medium carrots, cut into 5 cm chunks0Carrots ~ 10LB$6.20 • Chq
2 cups Knorr® Beef Broth
2 cups dark beer or stout0Budweiser Prohibition Brew Non Alcoholic Beer (24PK) 8.5L$26.24 • Chq
1 cup Knorr® Onion Dry Soup Mix
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard0Maille Dijon Originale Mustard 800ML$6.43 • Chq
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce0Lea And Perrins Worcestershire Sauce ~ 568 ml$6.66 • Chq
2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- Toss beef in flour to coat. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and brown beef in batches. Add beef to a large slow cooker. Top with onions, potatoes and carrots.
- Combine Knorr® Beef Broth, beer, Knorr® Onion Dry Soup Mix, Dijon and Worcestershire sauce in large bowl. Pour over beef and vegetables. Add thyme.
- Cook covered on LOW 7 to 9 hours or HIGH 4 hours or until beef is fork-tender. Serve with crusty rolls and enjoy!
- If you don't want to use a dark beer, replace it by more beef broth.
- Each serving of this stew is low in fat and an excellent source of fibre and vitamin C. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.