Slow Cooker Irish Beef Stew
Temps & Portions
7 hours 10 minutes temps de préparation =
10 minutes préparation +
7 hours cuisson
1 1/2 lbs. (750 g) beef stew meat, cut into cubes0Kirkland Stewing Beef ~ 1.8KG$31.22 • Chq
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) all-purpose flour0Tortillas à la farine d'Olafsons ~ 36 x 62 g$5.72 • Chq
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) vegetable oil0Huile d'olive extra vierge Kirkland 2L$20.12 • Chq
1 cup (250 mL) pearl onions, peeled
4 medium all-purpose potatoes, cut into quarters0Patates douces ~ 3LB$7.31 • Chq
4 medium carrots, cut into 5 cm chunks0Carottes ~ 10LB$7.92 • Chq
2 cups Knorr® Beef Broth
2 cups dark beer or stout
1 cup Knorr® Onion Dry Soup Mix
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard0Maille Dijon Originale Moutarde 800ML$6.94 • Chq
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce0Sauce Worcestershire Lea And Perrins ~ 568 ml$7.19 • Chq
2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- Toss beef in flour to coat. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and brown beef in batches. Add beef to a large slow cooker. Top with onions, potatoes and carrots.
- Combine Knorr® Beef Broth, beer, Knorr® Onion Dry Soup Mix, Dijon and Worcestershire sauce in large bowl. Pour over beef and vegetables. Add thyme.
- Cook covered on LOW 7 to 9 hours or HIGH 4 hours or until beef is fork-tender. Serve with crusty rolls and enjoy!
- If you don't want to use a dark beer, replace it by more beef broth.
- Each serving of this stew is low in fat and an excellent source of fibre and vitamin C. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.