Slow Cooker Irish Beef Stew
Temps & Portions
7 hours 10 minutes temps de préparation =
10 minutes préparation +
7 hours cuisson
1 1/2 lbs. (750 g) beef stew meat, cut into cubes0Beef Cube For Stew ~380G$12.12 • Chq
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) all-purpose flour0Compliments Flour Whole Wheat 2.5KG$4.31 • Chq
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) vegetable oil0Crisco Vegetable Oil 1.42L$6.91 • Chq
1 cup (250 mL) pearl onions, peeled
4 medium all-purpose potatoes, cut into quarters0Potatoes Sweet 1EA$1.35 • Chq
4 medium carrots, cut into 5 cm chunks0Carrots 3LB$3.23 • Paq
2 cups Knorr® Beef Broth0Knorr Stock Homestyle Beef (4PK) 132G$3.21 • Chq
2 cups dark beer or stout0Mug Rootbeer 2L$2.15 • Chq
1 cup Knorr® Onion Dry Soup Mix
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard0French's Mustard Dijon Squeeze 325ML$3.51 • Chq
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce0Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce 284ML$4.31 • Chq
2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves0Thyme C/S 20G$2.69 • Chq
- Toss beef in flour to coat. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and brown beef in batches. Add beef to a large slow cooker. Top with onions, potatoes and carrots.
- Combine Knorr® Beef Broth, beer, Knorr® Onion Dry Soup Mix, Dijon and Worcestershire sauce in large bowl. Pour over beef and vegetables. Add thyme.
- Cook covered on LOW 7 to 9 hours or HIGH 4 hours or until beef is fork-tender. Serve with crusty rolls and enjoy!
- If you don't want to use a dark beer, replace it by more beef broth.
- Each serving of this stew is low in fat and an excellent source of fibre and vitamin C. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.