Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Burritos
Temps & Portions
4 hours 15 minutes temps de préparation =
15 minutes préparation +
4 hours cuisson
1 Tbsp. (15 mL) vegetable oil0Unico Vegetable Oil 3L$7.55 • Chq
2 lbs. (1 kg) boneless beef brisket or flank steak, trimmed0Maple Leaf Natural Selections Beef Shaved Roasted 175G$7.55 • Chq
2 medium green bell peppers, chopped0Pepper Bell Green 1EA$2.14 • Chq
1 jar (640 mL.) pasta sauce0Ragu Pasta Sauce Chunky Tomato, Garlic & Onion 630ML$2.69 • Chq
1 Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cube(s)0Knorr Bouillon Cubes Beef 63G$3.16 • Chq
3 cloves garlic, chopped0Summer Fresh Hummus Roasted Garlic 227G$4.31 • Chq
12 burrito size flour tortillas, warmed0Robin Hood Bread Flour White Homestyle 2.5KG$6.69 • Chq
- Heat oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and brown brisket. Remove brisket and set aside.
- Cook green peppers in same saucepot, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker. Stir in pasta sauce, Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cube(s) and garlic.
- Cook covered on HIGH 4 to 6 hours or LOW 8 to 10 hours or until brisket is fork-tender. Remove brisket from sauce; cool slightly, then shred with two forks. Return to sauce and serve rolled up in tortillas. Serve, if desired, with guacamole, shredded cheese, sour cream or your favourite toppings.
- Always allow meat to rest at least 5 minutes after cooking. This will allow it to relax and retain its flavorful juices for these delicious burritos.
- Each serving of this dish provides 1 serving of vegetables and is a good source of iron and vitamin C. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.