COVID-19: Please note that we are doing our very best to asnwer all your emails, and have your order delivered as quickly as possible, however due to the very high volumes, long line ups, and shortage of stock we can not guarantee any time slots. We really appreciate your patience in these unprecedented times. Thank you for your patience with us, and we hope you stay healthy and safe!
Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Burritos
1 Tbsp. (15 mL) vegetable oil0Potatoes Foil-Wrapped Your Fresh Market (3PK)$2.77 • Chq
2 lbs. (1 kg) boneless beef brisket or flank steak, trimmed0Steakhouse Select Seasoned Beef Sirloin Roast 1.30KG$12.20 • Chq
2 medium green bell peppers, chopped0Peppers Sweet Mini 454G$4.23 • Chq
1 jar (640 mL.) pasta sauce0Ragú OriginalOld World Style Pasta Sauce 640ML$1.61 • Chq
1 Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cube(s)0Knorr Bouillon Cubes Beef 63G$2.42 • Chq
3 cloves garlic, chopped0Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Crunchy Toppings (1PK)$3.62 • Chq
12 burrito size flour tortillas, warmed0Great Value Graham Cracker Pie Crust Ready To Eat 170G$2.05 • Chq
- Heat oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and brown brisket. Remove brisket and set aside.
- Cook green peppers in same saucepot, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker. Stir in pasta sauce, Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cube(s) and garlic.
- Cook covered on HIGH 4 to 6 hours or LOW 8 to 10 hours or until brisket is fork-tender. Remove brisket from sauce; cool slightly, then shred with two forks. Return to sauce and serve rolled up in tortillas. Serve, if desired, with guacamole, shredded cheese, sour cream or your favourite toppings.
- Always allow meat to rest at least 5 minutes after cooking. This will allow it to relax and retain its flavorful juices for these delicious burritos.
- Each serving of this dish provides 1 serving of vegetables and is a good source of iron and vitamin C. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.